Fire protection is an increasingly important part of today’s building industry largely due to urbanization. The more concentrated environments we live in, the higher the risk is for a life-threatening fire to spread quickly. Buildings and structures need protection against this imminent threat. Consistent use of integrated, passive fire protection is the most effective way to minimize this risk and protect people’s lives, their property and the environment.
Why Are Firestop Systems Important?
- Limits the spread of fire by containing it in a single compartment in its area of origin
- Slows the spread of toxic gas and black smoke, allowing people more time to escape more safely
- Provides vital escape time for people during fire incidents
- Protects escape routes, building structure and critical structural members
- Minimizes costs to rebuild after the fire
- Protects owners’ built assets
- Sikasil®-670 Fire
- Sikacryl®-620 Fire
- Sika Boom® FR
- Sika Boom®-400 Fire