Chemical anchors are ideally suited for high load applications, as the resulting load is almost always stronger than the base substrate material itself. Since the system is based on chemical and mechanical compounds, no pre-loading stress is imparted to the substrate as it is with expansive mechanical anchors. Therefore chemical anchors are ideal for fixing close to edges and for close group anchoring.
Advantages of Chemical Resin Anchors over Mechanical Anchors
- Full resin embedding of the anchor
- Corrosion protection due to full embedding
- Improved cost performance
- Higher flexibility in terms of the bolt length, depending on the load
- No expansion – no cracking of substrate
- Keying effect – also holds in porous substrates
- Highly crosslinked duromer (a polymer which is crosslinked and will decompose when heated to a defined temperature) – which means it has outstanding load bearing capacity
- Sika AnchorFix®-1
- Sika AnchorFix®-2+
- Sika AnchorFix®-3+
- Sika AnchorFix®-3030
Free Sika AnchorFix® Calculation Software
Sika AnchorFix® Calculation Software for chemical anchors (threaded rods and rebars) is based on European and US standards and is available for free downloading. It has been developed as a user-friendly, professional design tool to provide an engineer with a state-of-the-art support.